Keto (Vegan) Tortillas with Almond flour
I appreciate tortillas since I'm on keto & gluten-free diet, because it's so easy and quick to make! This is my third tortilla wrap recipe, this time with almond flour. What I love about tortilla is, that you only need few ingredients and without any baking agents. To note is, that the almond flour is defatted, and it is different from ground almonds. It makes the difference in the texture. The amount of the water required would be also different, so make sure that you get the right kind. This recipe is keto-friendly, gluten-free, low carb, dairy-free, and eggless (vegan). Hope you enjoy!
- 100 g Almond flour (Defatted)
- 25 g Psyllium husk
- 3 g Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- 225 ml Hot water
- 30 ml Olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients. With a spatula, mix until well combined.
- On a non stick surface, like a silikon mat, knead the dough for a minute to ensure that all is well combined, and you have a homogeneous dough.
- Depending on how big you want the tortilla, divide the dough into equal pieces. For making 6 mini tortillas in sizes of ∅15cm (∅6”), divide the dough into 4 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into a small ball and lightly flatten with your hand. Cover it with a parchment paper, and with a rolling pin, roll out the dough to size of ca. ∅17cm (∅7”). Use a round bowl in size of ∅15cm (∅6”), press it into the dough, and cut out the tortilla sheet. Repeat the process with other 3 pieces, then knead the leftover edges together and repeat again. Depending on the thickness, you will have 5-6 mini tortillas.
- Heat up a non-stick pan over medium high heat.
- Without greasing, put the tortilla sheet in a hot pan. Cook for ca. 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with any fresh or cooked veggies, cheese, grilled meat, fish, tofu or tempeh to taste, and with good spiced sauce. Enjoy!
🔶Find the Ingredients (click on the ingredient) Almond flour Organic Oat Fiber (a substitute option of Potato Fiber) Tahini (Sesame Paste) Unsweetened Organic Peanut Butter Coconut oil Vanilla extract unsweetened Full fat coconut milk Inulin Erythritol Unsweetened dark chocolate Lupin flour Chia seeds Psyllium Husk 🔶Find the Tools Ramekins 180ml / 6 oz Food Processor Baking Silikon Mat Pastry Roller Hand mixer Measuring cups Measuring spoons Coffee and Spice Grinder (With this, you can grind erythritol to powder yourself!) Hand Blender Kitchen Scale 🔶Notes: By purchasing the ingredients from the link, you will support my work. The price doesn’t change for you. Thank you for your support! 🔶Macronutrients per one mini tortilla (1/6) Carbohydrates: 1.2g Protein: 8.9g Fats: 6.6g Calories: 114kcal Dietary fiber: 6.28g